Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Baby is napping....

...and I'm starting a blog.

Well, that's inaccurate. What I'm really doing is archiving all my old posts and starting fresh. This is my "new" blog.

I've had this blog for a while -- since I was 20 weeks pregnant or so. It was a place to write about pregnancy, overcoming PTSD, politics, clawing my way out of student debt, and pretty much anything that popped into my head. Now I'm joining the ranks of mommy-bloggers. And by that I mean I'm still going to write about whatever pops into my head, except it will be slightly more focused on the baby.

As of today, I'm a stay-at-home mom to a five-month-old baby girl, June. I'm married to Lou, my amazing husband of eighteen months, who moonlights as an illustrator and generally makes me happy as a clam. We live with my parents, G and L, since we're paying off loans and saving for a house. I'd like to write for a living, but for now I'm content with snuggling my baby all day and living in mommy-land.

Right now, June is playing on the floor and looking directly into my eyes as she fills her diaper. I've had time to shower, but I decided to watch an episode of Breaking Bad instead. So I'm slovenly, unkempt, and currently holding a baby that's sitting in her own poo.

Join us.

1 comment:

  1. I used to edit copy, in case you keep writing (you should since you're good at it)and need extra eyes.

    ReplyDelete